December 4, 2018
China Southern West Australian Flying College (CSWAFC) is an ab Initio flight college, training pilots for one of China’s largest airlines, China Southern Airlines. The college is an approved CASR Part 142 and 141 operator and is based at Jandakot Airport, Perth. Together with our partnership with CAE Global, we strive to provide high quality flight instruction to our students whilst adhering to outstanding levels of commitment to safety, professionalism and employee development.
We are seeking an experienced Safety Officer, who will report to the Safety Manager and deputise for them in their absence. This person will be responsible for supporting the Safety Manager in the development of a safety strategy and champion this to further enhance safety policies and procedures and institute a workable safety framework across the organisation, assuring compliance with CASA regulations, as well as other applicable safety guidelines and principles.
- Continuously develop and enhance the college’s SMS, with the goal of exceeding industry and regulatory best practices
- Reviewing and updating the safety strategy, gaining acceptance from management, communicating internally and with external partners. Devising programs to achieve safety goals and lead the safety department to encourage other areas of the organisation to pursue an excellence in safety management.
- Conduct risk analysis and assessments to all safety reports related to Flight Operations
- Manage the relationships with regulatory authorities and stakeholders on all issues relating to safety
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of safety programs, tracking and reporting progress
- Conduct safety inductions, safety-related training and recurrent training to the relevant areas of the organisation
- Conduct management reviews of the Safety Management System (SMS), its subsidiary plans and direct actions necessary to address the deficiencies in the system to ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements.
- Key Qualification
- This role will be subject to obtaining an approval in the form of an interview with CASA
- Some formal SMS training
- Tertiary qualifications in Safety Management or similar related discipline preferred
- Minimum of two years relevant working experience in managing safety function
- Has a current or has held a Pilot’s Licence
- Ability to assist with compliance, auditing and reporting functions with regards to aviation safety
- Demonstrate strategic thinking to develop and implement programs to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Understanding of current issues and challenges in the delivery of flight school services
China Southern West Australian Flying College is an equal opportunity employer. If you feel you meet the selection criteria, please forward your CV including a cover letter to email@example.com.