December 4, 2018
China Southern West Australian Flying College (CSWAFC) is an ab Initio flight college, training pilots for one of China’s largest airlines, China Southern Airlines. The college is an approved CASR Part 142 and 141 operator and is based at Jandakot Airport, Perth. Together with our partnership with CAE Global, we strive to provide high quality flight instruction to our students whilst adhering to outstanding levels of commitment to safety, professionalism and employee development.
We are seeking a Deputy Head of Operations, who will report to the Head of Operations and deputise for them in their absence. The incumbent of this position will also take on the role description of Head of Operations in relation to Part 141 and Part 142 operations. A full outline of the CASA requirements for this role can be found in the CSWAFC Exposition Volume.
The DHOO provides support for the HOO to establish and document the operational standards for the organisation and be in a position to monitor and if necessary correct operational standards to help ensure that the operator’s air operations are conducted in compliance with the Act, Regulations, and Civil Aviation Orders and will have control of all flight crew training and operational matters affecting the safety of the flying operations of the operator.
- Take the responsibilities designated by CASA for Head of Operations in accordance with CASR PART 141 and 142 when the Head of Operations is absent.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school, supported by the Safety Manager
- Accountable for ensuring that the school is in compliance with the rule and regulations as required by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA) In concert with the Standards group, defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of training given by the training staff
- Supporting the HOO to ensure training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements Advising specialists of shortfalls and remedial requirements
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the school
- Ensuring the Chief Executive Officer is advised on the equipment required to support training activities
- Ensuring that all training documentation, manuals and courseware are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business
- Overseeing approved ground, flight and simulator training
- Oversee dispatch and scheduling duties
- Student pass rate on first attempt on check rides and examinations (Min KPI met)
- Client feedback rating through client feedback survey (Sponsor and Student – Min KPI Met)
- Work follows established procedures but the ability to adapt and innovate may be required
- Strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards continuous improvement & customer satisfaction
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances
- Occasional overseas travel will be required to attend training conferences
- Communication to students, parents and airlines
- Communication to colleague Managers, instructors and other departments
- English ICAO level 4 is required
- Travel required depending on operational needs
- All other reasonable duties, relevant to the position, as assigned by Management
- Grade 1 Instructor rating with Multi Engine Aeroplane Training Endorsement (MEATE) and Instrument Rating (IR)Training Endorsement or equivalent experience from an ICAO State
- Must hold a current CASA Class 1 medical certificate
- PA44 experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Commercial Operations
- Single engine flight time of more than 500 hours and 9 months experience
- Multi-engine more than 2000 hours inc 400 hours in command of Multi Engine Aircraft
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions
- Experience in training as a flight Instructor for professional pilot licenses
- Previous management experience in an aviation related business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
China Southern West Australian Flying College is an equal opportunity employer. If you feel you meet the selection criteria, please forward your CV including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.